Sunday, August 8, 2010

TEAM

There is a lot of meaning in the word "team".  I looked it up today and found this...

A team comprises a group of people linked in a common purpose. Teams are especially appropriate for conducting tasks that are high in complexity and have many interdependent subtasks.
A group in itself does not necessarily constitute a team. Teams normally have members with complementary skills and generate synergy through a coordinated effort which allows each member to maximize his or her strengths and minimize his or her weaknesses. 
Team members need to learn how to help one another, help other team members realize their true potential, and create an environment that allows everyone to go beyond their limitations.

If I were ever a part of a team that helped each other go beyond their limitations, it's this one!  I am pretty sure I would not have completed 7 months of training last year to complete a 26.2 mile race on my own. I am also pretty certain that this year I would not have committed to running the way I do without the encouragement, accountability, and bigger purpose that this team outlines and demonstrates. It feels good to be a part of a team. It brings out the best in us I believe and I think we accomplish more when together. Whether we are running, raising money, or learning to love God, each other, and ourselves better... it is stronger as a team.

If you haven't made it to a Team Run on a Saturday morning I strongly encourage you to join us! We have 9 group runs left. Some of our longest runs in the next few weeks will happen. I promise this will be an awesome experience with your teammates! 6:30am at Pfieffer Park.  We also will be having some team carb loading meals soon. I really hope you mark your calendars for these to join us! Keep watching for more details!


For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:20







No comments:

Post a Comment