Monday, June 29, 2009

More on Sturgis

Iowans for Africa doing the Sturgis Falls 5K and half marathon

Here's a summary from one of the runners:


I briefly wanted to share with you my success on running the Sturgis Falls half marathon. I am excited to let you know that I was able to complete the 13.1 mile coarse in 2 hours and 1 minute. It was a personal best as I have never run this far before.
I was reminded today why I chose to run and train for the upcoming marathon in Chicago. Being part of this team has meant so much to me as I continue to grow and learn about my faith. I have truly feel like I shared in the joy of everyone who was part of our team.
The most meaningful time for me today came as I crossed the finish line and was greeted by an adoring wife and family (and yes, that includes my in-laws). Those brief moments made the nearly 200 miles of training before today well worth while. If asked whether or not I would do it again, I would answer "in a heartbeat". Wow, what exhilaration!!! How could one man be so blessed. Thank you God!
I believe that it is moments like this that we see heaven. Moments that eminate nothing but joy and love. Imagine how much love God has for all of us as he gave us his son. He watches as we struggle giving us strength and encouragement when we do not feel like we can push any farther.
Why would anyone not wish to make a life's journey out of searching for, and communing with, God? Lord only knows the joy we will feel when we cross the finish line and he welcomes us with open arms.
"For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."
Psalm 100:5
Heres to life's wonderful journey!!!
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment