Monday, May 17, 2010

Any good runs yet?

Ahhhh, the last few mornings have been perfect for running!  Sun shining and cool enough to feel comfortable once you get going along in your run!  Have any of you had that "good run" experience yet???  The one where you feel like you could keep going, you are in the zone, and feeling...good!?!? What an awesome feeling!  The first mile is always the hardest of every run I do...whether it is a 3 miler or 10 miler or 20 miler. That darn 1st mile always gets me!  I have to say last week I was feeling sluggish, tired, and to be honest I had to really work to finish 2 miles a couple days!  Saturday's 6 miler felt great!  It was my first really good and natural feeling run for quiet some time.  Man, what a difference that makes for me mentally!  I suppose all that hard stuff the week before was worth it :)  What do they say "no pain, no gain". Okay, okay... it is worth the pain because the gain feels amazing! How about you?  Had a good run yet the last couple weeks?

3 comments:

  1. I completed my 6 miles by myself on Saturday in my home town. It was a great 6 miles, free of aches and pains. It is the first time I have ever jogged more than 5 miles. At the end of the 6, I felt like I could have gone for another 1/2 to 1 mile. God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way! The group run on Saturday was great! I completed 8 miles as I had planned, but felt as if I could have kept going! It was a great day and I met some great new people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 miles was good. The last 3/4 mile I started to develop the oh-so-favored blister on my little toe but I pushed through it and ended with a 9.5ish pace! (that's super good for me. Haha.) Wednesday's run was awful (allergies&lack of sleep wore me out QUICK) and although Thursday's was better, I'm nervous about the group run tomorrow. (I hate feeling like my progress is going backwards.) But! Can't get better by quitting! Guess i'll just have to see what happens. <:)

    ReplyDelete