Saturday, May 1, 2010

thoughts on 1st team run???

Approximately 125 runners this morning!! Amazing! God is good! I have some pictures and some notes to share with you about a few details Coach Don shared.... but we want to hear from YOU!

What were your reactions to your 1st group run with the 2010 marathon team?  How did you feel?  What were you expecting and what happened? Did you make new connections? Was this the farthest you've gone ever in your life? Are you a seasoned marathoner and did you meet anyone new? Are you dreading or looking forward to next's week group run? Did you surprise yourself?  Do you LOVE that last mile stretch on Greenhill Rd Trail? :-) (note a little sarcasm there) 
Share your thoughts...  would love to hear from you!

If you want to comment you can comment anonymously or if you have an account you can comment using that!

3 comments:

  1. Saturdays run was amazing. Three miles was the farthest I'd ever run up until that point. What surprised me the most was that mile 4 felt fantastic...much better than miles 1,2, & 3. I felt like I could keep going. It really got me charged up to get out and run this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday's run was great in spite of that lovely hill at between the woods and south main street! I was really sore that evening. Think I'll try getting some biofreeze!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so exciting to see so many new marathoners joining our team. Although I have run several marathons already, seeing so many of you beginners is so motivating for me and keeps me going (I know you are working harder than I am). Taking the first step (making the committment) is the hardest because it is the step that takes the most courage. Now, we all practice putting one foot in front of the other until our feet cross the finsh line in Des Moines!

    ReplyDelete