Sunday, July 5, 2009

Restoration Run

Two of our team members, Chris and Jon Anderson, live in Hampton, IA, about 50 minutes from CF on Hway 3. Near their hometown is a wonderful state park called Beed's Lake. On Saturday, August 29, "Friends of Beed's Lake" will host Restoration Run, a 5K, 10K, or half marathon. This is a day when our group training run is 12 miles on the schedule, so if any folks want to road trip to Hampton and join together for another half marathon experience, here are some details:

- Entry fee is $35 and includes t-shirt and pancake breakfast after the run.
- You can find information at www.friendsofbeedslake.hamptoniowa.org

If anyone is interested, leave a comment. Could be cool to embark on Hampton, IA, in our orange shirts. :) And if you haven't done a half marathon race yet, I'd highly recommend it as a part of the training for the marathon in October. In my opinion, it was just really good practice to be around a crowd and to run in an organized race before the big one in Chicago.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! I may have to try this one.
    Thanks, Journeyman

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm.... I may think about this??? looks like a pretty trail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking seriously about this one. I need to check in with my family, but this might be a good road trip and race to be about!

    ReplyDelete