Sunday, July 5, 2009

Run in Jesup, IA!

It's so funny how before I began this training, I was oblivious to all 5Ks and half marathons out there. I heard from people now and then that they were off to run a race, but for the most part, I didn't really imagine all that many race opportunities existed. Since I've begun training, I notice that if a person wanted to get involved, there are races just about every single weekend somewhere nearby! You could almost have a little passport/logbook to record all the places and causes you've run for!

Jess Hansen mentioned that there is a Jesup Farmers' Day Run that she and a few others are doing next Saturday. Here is a little information she sent me today over email:

"A few of us are going to run the Farmer's Day 5K in Jesup this Saturday. That means we are going to run our long run on Wednesday morning. We will meet Wed. at Pfiefer at 6am and plan to run 9 miles. Anyone is welcome to join us, 9 miles-more or less, and anyone is welcome to join us Saturday too. We're going to stay in town for the big parade afterwards at 10am in Jesup Saturday. If anyone would like to register for the 5k, it is $12, and I have registration forms. If you mail a form in write "CM" in the memo so they know you are part of the Chicago Marathon group and you will get the 3 dollar discount :) "

Why don't you comment to this post if you'd like to get a registration form from Jess. Could be a fun thing to take the family and kids to on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment