Wednesday, July 29, 2009

this week in running

I'm taking off tomorrow a.m. for a week long Minnesota vacation. We go to the same place each year, so I'm already mapping out familiar roads in my mind for runs. I have to run 5 days by myself! Even a couple longer ones....that will be good for me. While I'm away, how about some comments to finish this phrase:

Interesting observations/mental notes along the running path...

1. It's hard to laugh and run. A few friends have given me some belly laughs along the path, and it's difficult to laugh hard and run at the same time.

2. I always develop the desire to go the bathroom around mile 4 or 5.

3. My shoes are starting to feel like they're wearing down. Might need to make a purchase in the next few weeks to break in some new ones.

4. When someone faster than me is running toward me and passing me, I tend to speed up for a little burst. A very little burst, mind you.

How about you?

1 comment:

  1. a few more observations/mental notes...

    1.) I'm starting to get creative with how many different ways you can run the trails...and always looking for new ones!! Any suggestions???

    2.) I found a goo that I actually like... like I can say I like the taste and all. Vanilla bean. In the beginning this sounded the WORST to me so I kept choosing fruit flavors and used this only cuz it was the last one. I should've taken the plunge sooner!

    3.) I'm also thinking about a second pair of shoes... my "old pair" (as in 3 months old) just doesn't have "it" these days!

    4.) I prefer mornings to run and even like earlier then most. I've always been a morning person, but after a couple kids started to become a "sleep til I can" person (which is still usually only 7ish on a good day). I love getting up before everyone and running to start my day!

    5.) I typically have a cast iron stomach... but since our weekly runs have been increasing I can not eat just anything. I'm really being aware of what I eat almost daily now. before it was just a couple days before the long Saturday runs. Hmmm, maybe Don was right... this experience could be a whole new lifestyle change thing? :)

    ReplyDelete