Saturday, September 19, 2009

Amy from Keokuk

There's always more after I speak in front of a group that I wish I had said. One of those omissions from last night's party was to introduce the travelers on our team. Amy Cheng from Keokuk, Iowa, joined Team World Vision and then looked for the closest training group, which happens to be us! She drove up for the dinner last night and then stayed with Laurie and Kent Williams.

Here's what's amazing about Amy. Laurie offered Amy some breakfast this morning, but Amy mentioned that she doesn't eat before she runs. What was also discovered before the 20 mile run this morning was that Amy's only been training on 5 mile runs. She doesn't carry gu or beans, and she doesn't like gatorade. When I learned these details this morning, I was like, "No way. Death will have Amy Cheng by the half-marathon mark."

Amy completed the 20! Amazing! And she was walking around fresh and flexible by the time I was stumbling in the door.

You go, Amy! Thanks for driving to CF last night, and we'll see you in Chicago, girlfriend!

No comments:

Post a Comment