Saturday, October 10, 2009

we're here!

Okay, I'm a liar. My last post said no more posts til after the marathon, but I had my computer in my van, and so I brought it up to the hotel room with me on this pre-marathon evening.

The Expo was like stepping into Narnia. There's a whole 'nother world out there I was completely unaware existed until now, and it's called "runners' world". Just like any sport or hobby, there's a culture built around it, and so the Expo was fun to browze through and learn more of this culture. Vendors, samples, brands and gear, speakers, charities, the like. Great administration workings for 45,000 people to pick up a packet and scan their shoe chip. Wow. Makes most any event I've been a part of look like peanuts compared to this.

I'm about to meet about 16 other teammates for some dinner down the street at Giordanno's. Should be a good time before we all try to get some sleep before the start!

My daughter sent a lovely email to me today...you can't see all the little emoticons she used, but it was full of flashing little symbols and tons of encouragement:

The day is finely here! I'll be cheering for you the whole way. Good luck! In rain, snow, or burning heat, you will continue. If you see cameras, smile. If you see monkeys, ignore them. And most importantly, run to your music!! Mabey even sing along. I love you so much, and I hope this brightens your day. I love you with all my heart, so run with fun! I'll be rooting for you. Btw (by the way), Don't spook if you see a ghost. If it starts following you, if you see one, Charge strait through the runners, screaming at the top of your lungs; GHOOOOST!!, and win. I bet the person who was in the lead would be suprised! So on acount of that, try to see a ghost! Love you tons, Sara
P.S. try your hardest and shine! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment