Sunday, October 11, 2009

what a trip!

I think that was by far the most fun and exciting experience for me to date. I'd do it again in a minute. Okay, maybe not a minute, or maybe not even a week, but definitely again! Wow, what a party! I never imagined the marathon to be such an energizing experience! The runners and crowds were phenomenal. I think I smiled the whole way. Orchard Hill had so many fans out there. I think we came upon at least 10 pods of OHC fans within the first 5 miles. What a boost! Patterson's even had an air horn. And Amy Anderson had made some great signs. It was fantastic. And many of the groups moved on to other locations to cheer again at a different mile marker. Awesome.

We had a perfect weather day....could not have been more beautiful outside with cool temps around 40-45 degrees and sunny skies. I have lots more stories and some pictures in the next few days. I'll also try to gather some stories and pics from others. I'm so proud of everyone!

Thanks to God for so many ways in which He worked before this day and throughout this day!

p.s. Sara Hoy, I did not see any monkeys or ghosts, but I did see a man in a bear costume who had a sign that said, "Run like there is a bear chasing you." :)

1 comment:

  1. Sid, Jess, Char and Eric -

    I hope everything went well for you and your team. I would really like to get a hold of you today or tomorrow to finish up The Courier video. I PROMISE. I won't take up much time. I really just want to know what the race was like and how it went for you.

    Please call (319) 290-5301.

    Thanks!

    -Michelle Gebhardt

    ReplyDelete